I know it takes quite a bit of time to enter your data in the app, so I wanted to make sure you were aware of the different ways that you can backup your data.
1. iTunes & iCloud:
I’m sure all of you know about the two basic ways to backup your device: iTunes and iCloud. If you don’t want to connect your device to your computer to backup your information, you will want to make sure to include myArmsCache in your iCloud Backup on your device.
Here are instructions for iCloud:
You need to follow these instructions exactly to make sure myArmsCache is included in your iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup (if it isn’t already turned on): Open the “Settings” app on your device, then tap on your Apple ID, select iCloud, then scroll down to iCloud Backup and turn it on.
- To make sure myArmsCache is included in the Backup, go back to the top of the iCloud screen and select “Manage Storage” scroll down and select “Backup”.
- Under “Backups” select your device.
- Under “Choose Data to Back up” make sure myArmsCache is switched to the On position.
If you are unsure about backing up your device with iTunes or iCloud, visit this page on the Apple website for complete instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977
Need help managing your iCloud backup and choosing which apps to backup: visit this page on the Apple Website: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204247#backups
2. File Sharing (also known as iTunes File Sharing):
Even if you’re backing up your data with iCloud or iTunes, I also recommend using File Sharing to keep a copy of the databases on your computer. This provides an extra safeguard incase you have an issue with your device or are unable to restore from a backup. Also, if you want to have your data on two devices, you can use File Sharing to copy the data between devices.
When copying the databases from your device to your computer, it is important that you COPY ALL 3 DATABASE FILES
File Sharing Instructions:
The instructions for File Sharing differ slightly depending on what operating system you are using on your computer.
- Here are is a link to detailed instructions provided by Apple for File Sharing: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201301
- If you’re using macOS Catalina or later, you can use Finder to share files between your computer and your devices. Here is a link to instructions from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210598
*** WARNING *** do not attempt to edit or modify the database files on your computer; doing so could cause serious issues and corrupt the data.
3. CSV File:
The CSV file can be opened with a Spreadsheet Program, such as Excel or Numbers. The CSV File is great for the data, but it does not include the photos. To export your data in a CSV File, go to the “Export Data” section and select “Export CSV File for Guns” and/or “Export CSV File for Ammo”.
***IMPORTANT*** Although you can export your data, the app does NOT include the option to import data from a CSV File. Please use one of the alternate backup options above.